LW&W (01.10.05)
My mom is in the kitchen with Sue and Roger is in the pole barn with Nick, and I am sitting in the living room with the babies. It is a regular day and the night is over and I feel sick even thinking about it. How can my mind go in such drastically different directions at the same time?
Roger is acting normal and I am acting normal and the only thing not normal today is the inside of my brain, as usual. I am tempted to think I made the whole thing up, except I didn't. Even though I know I didn't, I was still sort of tempted to go along those lines this morning when morning started and everything seemed back to normal. Sue made me some waffles and talked about what a jerk my stepdad is and asked me about school and used swear words. And the babies have been extra cute and they like the fuzz that floats in the sun and they are so innocent of life being good. And my mom and Nick pulled up finally down the long driveway and even though I hate that she brought Nick with her, even that is normal life and I will take shitty normal life over the haunted house of last night.
"You guys stayin' for lunch?" Sue is asking my mom. Say no, mom.
"Let me ask Nick."
Roger made a face at me when they came in the first time that now I have to know that he knows what happened last night.
Roger is acting normal and I am acting normal and the only thing not normal today is the inside of my brain, as usual. I am tempted to think I made the whole thing up, except I didn't. Even though I know I didn't, I was still sort of tempted to go along those lines this morning when morning started and everything seemed back to normal. Sue made me some waffles and talked about what a jerk my stepdad is and asked me about school and used swear words. And the babies have been extra cute and they like the fuzz that floats in the sun and they are so innocent of life being good. And my mom and Nick pulled up finally down the long driveway and even though I hate that she brought Nick with her, even that is normal life and I will take shitty normal life over the haunted house of last night.
"You guys stayin' for lunch?" Sue is asking my mom. Say no, mom.
"Let me ask Nick."
Roger made a face at me when they came in the first time that now I have to know that he knows what happened last night.


<< Home